Yoga for the Private Client
with Yoga Therapist Peggy Profant, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500
September 11- October 5, 2023
Live Zooms + Pre-recorded Content = 20 Hour Yoga Alliance CE
Yoga for the Private Client
- Mondays at 4:00pm-5:30pm Pacific (that's 7:00pm-8:30pm in New York) - OR -
- Thursdays at 9:30am-11:00am Pacific (that's 5:30pm-7:00pm in London)
- Multiple intake and assessment tools to help you assess your student through the levels of all five koshas.
- Ayurvedic wisdom and subtle body explorations
- 10 Hours of pre-recorded instructional videos
- Marketing tips for finding and retaining private clients
- 90-minute Zoom call each week from February 13- March 9, 2023. Two times to choose from: Mondays 4pm Pacific and Thursdays 9:30am Pacific. You may attend one or both calls, each week.
- 20 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits
- How to structure a private yoga session and a series of sessions
- How to identify your clients needs through the lens of posture, Ayurveda, Chakras, and the Vayus
- Working with strong emotions, anxiety and depression through tools from your yoga tool kit
- How to assess breath and blockages in prana
- Listening skills to create safety with clients
- Yogic tools to bring the system back to balance
- Case studies of real clients
- How to create an intake form
- Pranayama to balance the subtle body
- How to empower students to take charge of their own lives
- Scope of practice for a yoga teacher versus a yoga therapist and how to work ethically.
About Peggy Profant E-RYT 500, C-IAYT Yoga Therapist, Certified Life Coach
Peggy has been a lifelong student of yoga and teaching for 25 years. She has been leading Yoga Teacher Trainings since 2008 and has been enjoying working with Soma Yoga since 2016. Since becoming a C-IAYT Yoga Therapist working privately with clients has been her greatest joy as she has seen remarkable transformation with the healing power of yoga. Peggy owned and operated a premier yoga studio, Om Shala Yoga, in Arcata for 10 years and started a retreat business called World Family Yoga for 8 years. Her passion for yoga and travel has inspired her to lead many yoga trainings and retreats internationally.
I absolutely love the vibe of working one on one and everything learned in this module made it easy for me to put together sequences for my private client volunteer ( who's still coming back for more) The benefit of working one on one is you really get to see results! Every time we meet we check in first and I'm just thrilled with the positive feedback (from someone who really needed some positivity in her life).
Peggy is a superb excellent teacher. Not only that she is highly knowledgable and experienced in teaching and training others, she delivers material very well, easy to follow her, uses training tools such as slides and handouts which promotes the efficacy of her teaching. She is pleasant and gladly responds to questions with clarity and completeness. She is a great asset to the SOMA institute. I much love and enjoy her practices.
There was a plethora of amazing information and tools shared during this course. I really enjoyed incorporating more Ayurvedic practices into my life as this felt very nourishing for me, which of course helps me show up as my best self for my clients. I am super appreciative of having all of these different assessment forms‚ as they were enlightening for myself and for my private client.